Introduction to Sailing
The best way to start sailing - on board right from lesson one and a great way to see the Harbour and meets lots of new people.
Includes unlimited Practice Sessions for 2 months on a standby basis.
- Welcome & Briefing
- Receive your PSS Cap, YA Syllabus & Logbook & YA Introductory Keelboat textbook, NSW Maritime Handbook and rope.
- Weather forecast
- Safety on Board
- Rigging the boat and hoisting sails
- Introduction to the different parts of the boat
- Going About
- Sailing close hauled
- Sailing a beam reach
- Rules of the Road
- The figure Eight knot
- sailing off a mooring
- The bowline
- The wind
- Hove to and lying a hull
- The Bouys
- Downwind helming
- Sailing all points of sail
Two hours of Theory followed by our Social evening usually in the Morna Room 2nd Floor CYCA.
Congratulations, the Yachting Australia YA Start Crewing Certificate is issued and will be emailed to you after you have completed your practical and theory lesson.
After the theory lesson join us for a social evening in the Sydney Hobart Bar of our Club the CYCA. The meals are good value and join the Principal Terry Wise for some fine wine courtesy of Pacific Sailing School.
Please note: Practice Sessions are 3 hours and are free and unlimited for 2 months from the start of your courses and are available on a standby/space available basis. Good value if you feel you need a few more hours, and we all do. Great too, if you haven't sailed for a while. We want you to have access to the water even after you have finished our courses.
Keelboat - Start Helming
- Upgrade and book your next two courses for the 10% program discount
- After the Start Helming course join a Wednesday Twilight race or sail through the heads to an offshore mark on our Short Haul Races.
- After the Spinnaker course you are qualified as crew to crew on members yachts and have free registration on our exclusive web based Crew Register
Twilights - Mondays for Spinnaker graduates, Wednesdays non spinnaker, Fridays during daylight saving.
Sailing Holidays - We invite you to sail with us in the Whitsundays, Tonga, Noumea, Greek Islands and Caribbean.
Join our Club the CYCA, famous for the Rolex Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race. It is not required that you be a member but we are very happy to sponsor our students. A Crew Membership is available for under 30's -$195 plus $1 joining fee, Full memberships $550 Pa + $500 joining fee. Pacific Sailing School has introduced over 900 new members to the CYCA.
Join us on a Sailing Holiday in the Greek Islands.
Keelboat - Start Crewing
for 2 or more persons
plus $89 Sailing Registration, Insurance for 3 months from your first lesson, logbook & Introductory Keelboat textbook
Easy Sailing Payment
Ask a question or reserve your place:
or call us during business hours,
7 days on 02 9326 2399